Sunday, June 14, 2009

The day of the first date with No.1


A couple weeks ago, I went on a mother-son date with No.1. We saw a musical stage version of Peter Pan, which was presented by the Columbus Children's Theatre. I wanted to introduce some culture / art into No.1's life to balance out the Star Wars / Transformers / etc. that he's exposed to on a daily basis. It was showing in the Southern Theater, which is relatively fancy (for Columbus standards), and so we got dressed up. No.1 wasn't sure why he had to wear church clothes.



The production was really well done and extremely kid friendly. But best of all, No. 1 seemed to genuinely enjoy it! Although, when we got to the part where the kids started flying, I got all excited and said, "Look No.1 - they're flying!" To which he responded, "No mom, I can see the strings..." Why can't he believe that Peter Pan can fly, but he asks me from time to time whether Indiana Jones is real. *Sigh*


The best part for me was having No.1 come and sit on my lap mid-way through the show. He never does that anymore - he's gotten too independent - but maybe reverted to little guy again for one night for his mom's sake. I guess he's already learning what it takes to please your date...

No comments:

Post a Comment